The objective of Skill Development is to create a workforce empowered with the necessary and continuously upgraded skills, knowledge and internationally recognized qualifications to gain access to decent employment and ensure India’s competitiveness in the dynamic global market. It aims at increasing the productivity and employability of workforce (wage and self-employed) both in the organized and the unorganized sectors. It seeks increased participation of youth, women, disabled and other disadvantaged sections and to synergize efforts of various sectors and reform the present system with the enhanced capability to adapt to changing technologies and labour market demands.
According to the International Labour Organization (ILO) “Skill development is of key importance in stimulating a sustainable development process and can make a contribution in facilitating the transition from an informal to formal economy. It is also essential to address the opportunities and challenges to meet new demands of changing economies and new technologies in the context of globalization.”
Skills development can help build a “virtuous circle” in which the quality and relevance of education and training for women and men fuels the innovation, investment, technological change, enterprise development, economic diversification and competitiveness that economies need to accelerate the creation of more jobs.
The Executive Development Programme (EDP) brings high-calibre executive managers with strategic management responsibilities together to gain insight into their own leadership profiles and develop their knowledge, skills and professional networks. This is the top-tier programme of Spoorthy cats comprehensive programme offerings and is facilitated by world-class local and outside faculty.
This programme will also equip participants with integrated strategic management and leadership skills that will enable them to align their business practices to compete more successfully in a highly competitive global environment.
You are an executive with strategic management responsibilities who wants to maximise your critical thinking ability and position your organisation to compete more successfully in a highly competitive and complex global environment.
What does it cover
The following chart explains the core focus areas of this programme;
- You will learn from the personal experiences of highly successful leaders and executives and have an improved understanding of and insight into your own leadership profile.
- You will learn about career-mapping and assessment; and better understand your future opportunities in your current organization.
- You will also gain deeper insight into cultural diversity; be introduced to executive coaching; and develop your knowledge, skills and professional networks.
- Strong emphasis is placed on the implementation of sustainability in the business environment.
- You will learn how to think not only strategically, but also systemically